Celebrate the teacher in your life with new school supplies and this composition book printable tag. Add a custom-made stamp using the teacher quote: “The influence of a good teacher can never be erased.” This handmade teacher gift is perfect for back to school and teacher appreciation week.
We have been incredibly lucky to have amazing teachers at our school. Every year the kids get excited to check out the classroom list before the first day of school to see whose class they will be in. It has been nothing but incredible learning years for them with kind, patient, and loving teachers. We are so thankful for everything they do and love to send them little gifts throughout the year. Especially at the beginning of the school year and for teacher appreciation week.
Composition Book Printable
Silhouette was incredibly kind to send me a Silhouette Mint Custom Stamp Maker and I couldn’t wait to try it out! I’ve wanted to try my hand at making my own stamps for a while. I’m excited just thinking of the possibilities. You can make your own custom designs or upload photos. This will come in handy for stamping holiday card envelopes and party favors.
I went with an easy option for this teacher gift because I found the perfect teacher quote design already available in the Silhouette store. The quote “the influence of a good teacher can never be erased” is perfect for this gift idea. I paired the notebook printable tags with dry erase markers, pencils, and a pack of erasers shaped like mini No.2 pencils. I’ve included Amazon affiliate links below to the products needed to make this project.
Teacher gift ideas:
- Dry Erase Markers
- Box of Pencils
- Pack of Erasers
- Chalkboard + Chalk
- Chalkboard Erasers
More Handmade Teacher Gift Ideas:
- Chalkboard Crayon Wreath
- No. 2 Pencil Mason Jar
- Chalkboard Mason Jar
- Teacher Survival Kit
- Smart Cookie Printable
Supplies needed to make a custom stamp:
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to use the Silhouette Mint
- Select design 293719 from the Silhouette store and import into the Mint Studio software.
- Adjust the design to fit the size of your stamp. I used the 60×30 rectangle stamp and played around the with dimensions until the design fit, leaving a little space on the sides.
- Select the leaf tab on the far right of the Mint Studio. This will mirror the design and give you an opportunity to review the dimensions before selecting START MINT.
Silhouette Mint Tutorial
- Insert the stamp sheet facing up. The stamp will take less than a minute to print and release it on the opposite side.
- Carefully bend at the perforated line and remove the stamp from the sheet. Keep the protective clear sheet on. Place the stamp on the base, then remove the protective layer.
- Ink the stamp using your preferred Silhouette ink colors. To do this I simply held the ink bottle upside down and spread the ink over the select words with each color. To be honest, I was worried the red ink and yellow pencil would blend with the black ink, but I didn’t have too much trouble keeping the colors from blending together. I also made sure to cover the words in black ink first, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then went over with the colored ink. Once your stamp is inked, let it absorb for 10 minutes.
- Stamp a piece of paper 10-15 times until the design starts to become clear. The first few times will look like a giant blob of ink. Don’t panic! This is normal and helps remove the excess ink. As you can see from the sheet of paper, by the end the stamp was perfect!
- Print the COMPOSITION BOOK PRINTABLE TAG, cut, and stamp the teacher quote in the white space. Use double-sided tape or a hole punch and twine to attach to your teacher gift.
About the Silhouette Mint Stamp Maker
- The Mint uses thermal printing technology to create handmade stamps using designs from the Mint studio or your own designs you can upload.
- Stamps can be used up to 50 times before reapplying ink.
- Silhouette cutting machines are not required to use the Mint. You will need to install the Mint Studio to your computer to use the stamp maker.
- The stamps can be used on a variety of surfaces including paper, napkins, bags, and fabric.
Stay tuned for more Silhouette Mint tutorials in the upcoming holiday months. I think I’m going to have a lot of fun making holiday-themed stamps and creating custom designs.