Disney Pixar The Incredibles Freakshake – celebrate your favorite superhero family with this extreme chocolate milkshake! Easy 3-ingredient chocolate shake topped with a donut, candy, sprinkles and a handmade chocolate Incredibles logo lollipop.
The Incredibles Freakshake
Our family loves freakshakes! We tried these fun milkshakes for the first time at Black Tap in New York City. I saw them on Instagram but was not prepared for how massive they are. They’re great for sharing and I think the kids enjoyed picking the treats off the most. So, you can imagine how ecstatic we were to find out that Black Tap will be opening in Downtown Disney! In celebration of Pixar Fest happening right now at Disneyland, we partnered with some of our friends to create Pixar themed Freakshakes. With the excitement of the new Incredibles 2 movie, we really wanted to feature our favorite superhero family in this crazy milkshake.
What is a Freakshake?
Freakshakes are extreme milkshakes made with an abundance of treats inside and outside of the jar. The shakes are typically made with coordinating treats and flavors. For example, a sweet and salty milkshake might be made with peanut butter, pretzels, salted caramel and M&M’s. I’ve seen freakshakes made with large brownies, cake slices, cookies, donuts, cotton candy and even waffles! There’s no limit to how extreme you can make these fun milkshakes. The jars are often decorated with melted chocolate or frosting to adhere candy or sprinkles around the mouth of the jar. Once the milkshake is poured, the top is filled with a variety of treats to enjoy.
How to make a Freakshake
- Prepare your glass by placing it in the refrigerator while melting your chocolate. The cold glass with help the chocolate set quicker. Once your chocolate is melted add a few drizzles inside the mason jar. You can also add chocolate around the mouth of the jar and coordinating sprinkles. Place the jar back in the refrigerator until the milkshake is prepared.
- For the chocolate Incredibles logo, you will need candy melts in orange, yellow, brown (or black), coordinating sprinkles, parchment paper, a baking sheet and piping bags. I found the logo online and sized it to around 3 inches wide using Photoshop (this can also be done in Word). I then printed a clipart image of fire flames and the logo on a sheet of paper. Placing the printed paper on a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper on top, I began to outline the logo. Tip: work in sections, decorating only one color at a time and popping the baking sheet into the freezer for a few minutes in between. I added black and orange sprinkles on top then left the yellow as is, with the exception of adding a small white pearl candy at the top. Once the edible logo has set, adhere a thin stick to the back using more chocolate.
The fire flame is a similar process with the exception of marbling yellow and orange candy melts together then letting the chocolate set before using as a decoration.
The top of the mason jar is decorated with a chocolate donut dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkles, Pocky sticks, Twizzlers, a black lollipop, a marshmallow wand with peach rings and chocolate dipped pretzels. To finish assembling, add the Incredibles logo lollipop and candy fire flame.
More Disney inspired ideas
- Disneyland’s Chocolate Caramel Marshmallow Wands
- Mickey Rice Krispies Treats
- Disney Pixar Eggs
- Frozen Glitter Slime
- 3-4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- chocolate syrup
- Blend ingredients together until smooth. Add more ice cream for a thicker milkshake and adjust chocolate syrup to preference (I recommend about 4 tablespoons). Serve immediately.
My Disney loving friends are sharing some awesome Pixar Fest inspired freakshakes too. Check out how fun they all turned out!
Up Freakshake from Liz on Call
Monsters Inc. Sully Freakshake from My Disorganized Life
Toy Story Green Alien Freakshake from Pink Cake Plate
Incredibles Freakshake from Around My Family Table
Finding Nemo Freakshake from Make Life Lovely
Pixar Fest Freakshake from A Night Owl Blog
Monsters Inc. Freakshake from The Disney Belles
Coco Freakshakes from Number 2 Pencil
Disney Incredibles Freak Shake from A Pumpkin and a Princess