DIY Peony Bath Bombs made in beautiful shades of light pink and fuchsia in a classic round shape. This peony scented bath bomb smells incredible and would make a lovely handmade gift.
Peony Bath Bombs
Peonies are in bloom right now! I love trimming a few from my peony bushes to decorate our table. The flowers have a short blooming season so I’m always a little sad when they start to wither. But I recently made these Peony Bath Bombs and I’m obsessed! They smell incredible and the colors remind me of the light pink and fuchsia peony flowers. Next to my ROSE MILK BATH BOMBS, these would make a great gift for moms.
How to make bath bombs
Creating your own bath bombs at home is very easy to do. Over the years I have adjusted the ingredients to see which recipe works best. I often get asked for tips on making bath bombs and tried to answer as many as I could in this HOW TO MAKE BATH BOMBS post. For this recipe, I increased the Epsom salt amount in my go-to recipe and switched to grapeseed oil. I’m really enjoying working with grapeseed oil. It works better than coconut oil in warm conditions and is great for sensitive skin.
DIY Bath Bomb Supplies
- Citric acid
- Epsom salt
- Baking soda
- Grapeseed oil
- Peony fragrance
- Cosmetic Pigment or gel coloring
- Bath Bomb Molds
Quick time-lapse video on how to make the perfect bath bomb
More DIY Bath Bombs you will LOVE
DIY Peony Bath Bombs
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup epsom salt
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¾ tsp water
- 20 drops peony fragrance
- ½ tsp Cosmetic pigment
- Combine baking soda, citric acid, epsom salt and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into two bowls. Add cosmetic pigment starting with ½ tsp and increasing in small increments until desired color is achieved. Note: the dry mixture will look lighter than the end result. You can use GEL food coloring in exchange for the cosmetic pigment (use gloves to fully incorporate into the mixture).
- In a small bowl, combine grapeseed oil, water and peony fragrance.
- Slowly add fragrance into both mixture bowls; stirring rapidly while pouring to prevent the mixture from fizzing.
- Press mixture into bath bomb molds in alternating colors. Allow to dry overnight before removing from mold.