Dr. Seuss inspired Grinch Oreo Balls made with only four ingredients. These delicious, no-bake holiday treats are made with Oreo cookies and cream cheese to create a tasty truffle dipped in green candy coating. A heart-shaped sprinkle decorates the top of the oreo ball. This easy dessert is perfect for a Grinch Christmas party.
December is always filled with festive traditions and holiday baking with the kids. Our tradition is to make a Grinch-themed treat or craft project each year. This year we made Grinch Oreo Balls for our movie night, and they were a big hit!
Grinch Oreo Ball Truffles
I love the Grinch and how it’s become a cult classic movie. The 2000s Jim Carrey version will always be my favorite. What I love even more is creating Grinch desserts with the kids.
This no-bake holiday recipe is super easy to make. The oreo balls are made with only four ingredients and are perfect for a Christmas or Grinch party theme. Oreo balls are always a big hit at parties and one of the first desserts to go.
If you love making festive holiday Oreo balls, check out our Hot Cocoa Mug Oreo Balls.
Ingredients to make Grinch truffles
- Oreo cookies – classic or regular gluten-free Oreo cookies work best. Avoid using double-stuffed. You can, however, use mint or golden oreo cookies for this recipe.
- Cream cheese – the cream cheese creates a truffle-like texture and works perfectly with the oreo crumbs. It’s what makes this recipe so simple!
- Green candy melts – colored candy-coating melting wafers can be found in the baking aisle in the grocery store or craft store. If coloring white chocolate, make sure to use oil-based food dye.
- Heart sprinkles – the heart sprinkle in the center is the real star of this simple treat. The layered hearts fit perfectly with the quote of his heart growing in size.
How to make Grinch Oreo Balls
Here is a quick video tutorial and check out our 3-ingredient OREO BALLS for more tips & tricks.
Start by crushing oreo cookies and combining them with softened cream cheese.
Scoop into one-inch balls, then refrigerate until firm. Tip: if the mixture is too soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes before rolling into balls. Use a COOKIE SCOOP to make uniform 1-inch oreo balls.
Dip into melted green candy melts, shake off excess, and place on a silicone mat or parchment-covered baking sheet.
Immediately place a heart sprinkle or candy decoration in the center.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Grinch Oreo Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz green melting wafers
- heart sprinkles
- Crush oreo cookies in a food processor into small crumbs.
- Mix in softened cream cheese until well combined. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Melt candy wafers according to package directions. Dip firm oreo balls into candy coating and shake off excess. Place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Immediately add a heart sprinkle on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.