A DIY ice cream sundae gift basket is a creative and unique gift idea for a housewarming party, hostess gift, neighbor gift, or birthday gift. Fill a basket with your favorite ice cream sundae toppings and add a printable gift tag. Pair with homemade chocolate chip ice cream and Magic Shell to celebrate a special occasion.
I enjoy creating fun and festive-themed gifts for friends, family, and neighbors. This homemade sundae-themed gift basket was so fun to put together.
DIY Ice Cream Sundae Gift Basket
The basket is filled with waffle bowls, cones, an ice cream scoop, and all the best sundae toppings. Dry ice cream toppings like M&M’s, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, and gummy bears are individually wrapped in clear cello bags.
To complete the basket, a jar of maraschino cherries and sprinkles are essential for every ice cream sundae creation.
A handmade embroidered napkin adds a finishing touch to this easy-to-put-together gift basket.
Don’t have a basket lying around? Try a gift box filled with paper shreds or tissue paper. Wrap a bow around for a beautiful presentation.
What do you put in a sundae kit?
- Waffle cones or bowls – we used both! Ice cream cups + matching spoons are great options.
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Nuts – chopped pecans, peanuts, or almonds
- Miniature marshmallows
- M&Ms candy
- Gummy bears
How to assemble an ice cream sundae kit
- Start with a basket or treat box and fill it with paper shreds.
- Wrap ice cream cones and toppings in clear bags. Self-adhesive bags work great for the toppings.
- Place the cones, jar of cherries, and sprinkles in the basket. Fill with ice cream toppings, an ice cream scoop, and a handmade ice cream embroidery towel.
- Wrap ribbon around the basket to tie into a bow and finish with a printable gift tag.
I made several gift tags in two sizes. There’s a birthday theme, teacher gift printable, and everyday gift tag. Access the PRINTABLE HERE.