White chocolate mummy oreo balls made with only 4 ingredients! This tasty dessert recipe is always a crowd favorite. Decorate the oreo ball truffles with candy eyes and white chocolate drizzle to create a spooky mummy treat for your next Halloween party.
I love an easy party dessert recipe. My go-to for every occasion is a batch of OREO balls. They are easy to make and only require 3 ingredients. This Halloween version of mummy Oreo balls is great for a Halloween party or movie night.
To make OREO balls you only need OREO cookies, cream cheese, and melting chocolate. The oreo cookies are crumbled and mixed with softened cream cheese to create a truffle. The truffles are then rolled into balls and dipped in white chocolate.
It’s really that simple! You can use this recipe to make fun holiday shapes like Cauldron OREO Balls and Pumpkin OREO balls.
Check out our OREO Ball Recipe post for more tips and tricks.
Mummy OREO ball ingredients
- OREO cookies – regular or gluten-free, not double stuffed
- Cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- White chocolate – melting chocolate wafers work best
- Candy eyes
How to make Mummy OREO Balls
- Crumble cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form, including the white filling.
- Mix in softened cream cheese at room temperature until well combined with the cookie crumbs.
- Roll into 1-inch balls or flatten slightly to make a rectangular mummy shape.
- Refrigerate then dip in melted chocolate.
- After the first coat of white chocolate, transfer the leftover chocolate into a piping bag. Drizzle white chocolate on top and add the candy eyes. I made some flat and some round just for fun.
Do OREO balls need to be refrigerated?
Yes. This recipe is best served immediately after chilling. The cream cheese in the recipe will soften the longer it sits out. They can be served on a table during a party but it’s best to refrigerate until ready to serve. I’d recommend not letting them sit out for longer than an hour or two. Plus, they taste best chilled with a slight crunch of the chocolate shell.
More Halloween Recipes
Mummy Oreo Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies regular or gluten-free
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz melting chocolate
- candy eyes
- Crush cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese with oreo crumbs until white streaks are no longer visible. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip oreo truffle into chocolate. Shake off excess and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Reheat chocolate and transfer to a piping bag. Drizzle over oreo balls and add candy eyes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.