Green Frankenstein OREO balls made with only 4 ingredients. Add this easy recipe to your Halloween party dessert bar or enjoy while watching Halloween movies with the family.
I love Frankenstein desserts! There’s something so fun and festive about making green chocolate treats decorated with the classic Frankenstein face, like our Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats.
The kids and I are currently reading WHAT IS THE STORY OF FRANKENSTEIN from the Who Was book collection. This felt like a great time to make a new treat inspired by a Halloween classic.
Making holiday oreo balls is a family tradition at this point. Over the years we’ve made Cauldron, Mummy, and Pumpkin Shaped treats. We love them because they’re easy to make and fun to customize for every holiday.
For tips and tricks check out our OREO Ball Recipe post.
Frankenstein OREO ball ingredients
- OREO cookies – regular or gluten-free, not double stuffed
- Cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- Green melting wafers
- Candy eyes
- Black icing or dark chocolate
How to make Frankenstein OREO Balls
Watch this quick video tutorial on how to make OREO balls. Customize with different shapes, colored melting wafers, sprinkles, and candy decorations.
- Crush the cookies into small crumbs.
- Mix with softened cream cheese.
- Roll into balls or into squares. A small cookie scoop will ensure your truffles are the same size.
- Dip into melted green chocolate wafers.
- Decorate with black icing and candy eyes.
Do OREO balls need to be refrigerated?
This recipe can sit out on a table for up to an hour. However, the oreo truffles are best served cold for optimal texture. The cream cheese in the recipe will begin to soften and the chocolate shell will lose its crunch the longer it sits out. I suggest chilling the truffles until ready to serve.
More Halloween Recipes
Frankenstein OREO Balls
- 36 OREO cookies regular or gluten-free
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 12 oz green candy melts
- black sprinkles
- candy eyes
- black icing
- Crumble cookies into small pieces in a food processor.
- Mix in softened cream cheese with cookie crumbs until well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Scoop and roll into 1-inch balls. Optional: slightly flatten to create a square shape. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Melt green candy coating according to package directions. Dip oreo balls into candy melts and shake off excess.
- Decorate with sprinkles on top and candy eyes. Let the chocolate set before decorating with black icing for the mouth.
- Keep oreo balls refrigerated until ready to serve.