How to make Number 2 Pencil Rice Krispies Treats with chocolate and sprinkles. These festive treats are perfect for back to school and a great homemade teacher gift idea.
Back to School Pencil Rice Krispies Treats
School is back in session! The last few weeks have been an adjustment period for us as we get back into a school routine. The earlier bedtime and early mornings have us looking forward to the weekend. We celebrate weekends with a family movie night and homemade treats like these pencil Rice Krispies treats we made in our first week of school.
Whether your kids are back in regular school or homeschooling, this simple recipe is perfect for a back to school theme celebration. Wrap them individually to gift the treats to teachers and school staff or add them in a kid’s lunch box for a sweet surprise on their first day of school.
The classic Rice Krispies treat recipe is easy to make with a pencil-shaped cookie cutter. This fun school-themed dessert is great as an after-school snack for kids of all ages.
To make number 2 pencil-shaped Rice Krispies you will need:
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Candy Melts
- Chocolate Chips
- Silver Sanding Sugar
- Pencil Cookie Cutter
How to make pencil-shaped treats
- Prepare the Rice Krispies recipe in a greased baking sheet. Use a greased spatula to spread into an even layer. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 hours.
- Press the pencil cookie cutter to cut 12 pencil treats.
- Spread the melted candy melts in order of yellow, pink eraser, then white chocolate. Note: it’s important to let the pink and yellow candy melts set before adding the white chocolate and applying the silver sanding sugar. The sanding sugar will adhere to the areas where the chocolate is still melted.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the tip of the pencil then let the chocolate set before serving.
Homemade teacher gift – how to package treats
- Use cellophane bags to place the Rice Krispies treats in.
- Tie a festive ribbon with school colors or school themed prints.
More Back To School Ideas
Pencil Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
How to make festive pencil-shaped treats for a back to school party or teacher gift
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup yellow candy melts
- 1/4 cup pink candy melts
- 1/4 cup white candy melts
- 2 tbsp silver sanding sugar
Grease an 8×10 baking sheet.
Melt butter for 30 seconds in a large microwave-safe bowl or use a double boiler.
Stir in marshmallows and melt for 30 seconds. Repeat in 30 second intervals until marshmallows are melted.
Add Rice Krispies cereal; mix until well combined.
Press cereal mixture into prepared pan. Allow the treats to harden.
Use a pencil shaped cookie cutter to make 12 Rice krispies treats.
Heat the candy melts in small bowls according to package directions.
Cover the center of the pencil with yellow candy melts. Let the chocolate harden for 5-10 minutes. Repeat with the pink candy melts for the eraser.
Once the yellow and pink candy has set, fill the space between with white candy melts. Sprinkle the silver sanding sugar over the white chocolate. Once the chocolate has set, they are ready to eat.