Pot of Gold St. Patrick’s Day OREO Balls. These festive no-bake treats are fun for kids to make in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. The recipe is simply made with only OREO cookies, cream cheese, and chocolate. Then decorated with yellow melting chocolate and sprinkles that resemble gold coins.
Every holiday I try to make things fun and festive with simple treats. The kids are always really excited to set out a leprechaun trap the night before St. Patrick’s Day then anxiously check on it in the morning. We haven’t caught a leprechaun yet but he often leaves behind a treat in its place.
It’s a fun holiday tradition that I hope the kids look back on when they’re older. We also like to make easy treats in honor of the holiday. This year we plan to enjoy Pot of Gold OREO Balls after our traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage.
Ingredients to make pot of gold Oreo balls
- OREO cookies
- Cream cheese
- Yellow melting wafers
- Gold sprinkles
How to decorate St. Patrick’s Day OREO Truffles
I was inspired by our CAULDRON OREO BALLS to make the same shape to resemble a pot of gold. I used a toothpick to help shape the top then dipped them in melted chocolate. The front is decorated with St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles in the shape of shamrocks, a horseshoe, and a leprechaun hat.
The top of the OREO ball is decorated with melted yellow chocolate wafers and gold sprinkles. See the video below for a quick tutorial on how to make them!
How to make pot of gold oreo ball truffles
- Crush OREO cookies – use a food processor or zip-top bag and rolling pin to finely crush cookies.
- Add cream cheese – combine cream cheese with cookie crumbs until white streaks are no longer visible.
- Scoop – form balls using a cookie scoop, then place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Freeze – allow the Oreo balls to get firm in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Shape – use a toothpick to gently shape the top of the oreo balls into cauldrons or pots of gold.
- Dip – dip the oreo balls in melted chocolate, set back in the refrigerated to set. Note: if you would like to decorate the front with St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles work quickly before the chocolate begins to harden.
- Decorate – add a small scoop of yellow chocolate and gold sprinkles on top.
More OREO Ball Recipes:
Pot of Gold OREO Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups chocolate
- 1/2 cup yellow melting wafers
- Crush OREO cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor.
- Mix in room temperature cream cheese until well combined.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls; set on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Press down on the top with a tablespoon and use a toothpick to help shape the balls into mini pots. Place back in the freezer for a few minutes to firm back up.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip the cold OREO balls in the melted chocolate. Immediately add St. Patrick's Day sprinkles to the front. Set back on the baking sheet until chocolate has set. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Melt yellow wafers according to package directions. Scoop a small amount on top of the OREO balls. Immediately add gold confetti sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.