Gingerbread Oreo Balls are a fun and festive treat to make for the holiday season. This simple, no-bake dessert recipe is made with oreo cookies, cream cheese, gingerbread candy melts, and white chocolate.
The holiday season is here! It’s my favorite time to create new Christmas OREO cookie balls with the kids. This gingerbread OREO truffle recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Whether you call them oreo balls or Oreo truffles, this is a jolly treat to make this holiday season. This recipe is great for a cookie exchange, to bring to a Christmas party, or to deliver as neighbor gifts.
Gingerbread Men OREO Cookie Ball Truffles
To make gingerbread oreo balls I followed my OREO BALL RECIPE and then pressed the mixture into a gingerbread man mold. After chilling in the refrigerator, the truffles are dipped in a gingerbread-flavored melting chocolate and then decorated with white chocolate or icing.
These little gingerbread men are adorable! They were a big hit with the kids and I’m looking forward to making another batch for a holiday party.
Gingerbread OREO Truffle Ingredients
- Oreo cookies – regular, gluten-free, or seasonal-flavored Oreos work best in this recipe. Avoid double-stuffed cookies, as the filling proportion may affect the recipe.
- Cream cheese – the cream cheese is a binding ingredient to hold the cookie crumbs together.
- Gingerbread flavored candy melts – to add a seasonal flavor, use gingerbread candy melts to cover the gingerbread truffles.
- White chocolate or white icing– decorate the gingerbread men with melting white chocolate in a piping bag or white icing.
- GINGERBREAD MOLD
How to make gingerbread oreo ball truffles (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
- Crush oreo cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor or plastic bag using a rolling pin.
- Combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese.
- Press mixture into gingerbread mold. Refrigerate.
- Dip into melted gingerbread-flavored candy coating.
- Decorate with white chocolate or icing.
Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
- 36 OREO cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz gingerbread candy melts
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Add one package of oreo cookies into a food processor to pulse into fine crumbs. An alternative option is to place the cookies in a large plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Combine softened cream cheese with cookie crumbs until smooth.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into the gingerbread mold. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. To speed up the process, place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Gently remove the gingerbread shapes from the mold.
- Melt gingerbread-flavored candy wafers according to package directions. Dip gingerbread truffle into the melted candy coating; shake off the excess and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and transfer into a piping bag to decorate the buttons and smile on the gingerbread men.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.