Fun, spooky, and delicious Halloween pretzels. This easy, kid-friendly recipe is always a hit at our Halloween party. Decorate the chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles, candy corn, and candy eyes for a festive Halloween treat.
I love a simple Halloween dessert recipe. It really doesn’t get much easier than chocolate covered pretzel rods. The kids always pick chocolate pretzels and OREO Balls off the dessert table first.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s only 3 ingredients. To make them you will dip pretzel rods into melted chocolate and decorate with Halloween sprinkles. They’re great for Halloween parties and to enjoy during a movie night.
Halloween Pretzels Ingredients
- Pretzel rods – regular or gluten-free pretzel rods
- Candy melts or chocolate wafers
- Sprinkles, candy corn, & candy eyes
How to make Halloween Pretzel Rods
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Dip pretzel rods ¾ of the way. Shake off excess chocolate. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles, candy eyes, or candy corn.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to help the chocolate set.
Melt green wafers according to package directions and dip pretzels ¾ of the way. Shake off excess, then add black jimmies for the hair and candy eyes. Allow the chocolate to set before decorating the mouth with black icing.
Melt white chocolate wafers in a tall cup. Dip the pretzel rod in the chocolate and add candy eyes. Allow the chocolate to set. Reheat, if needed, chocolate and transfer to a piping bag. Drizzle chocolate over to the pretzel to create mummy wraps.
Monster Pretzel Rods
Dip the pretzels in melted chocolate. Add candy eyes and Halloween sprinkles.
Candy Corn Pretzel Rods
Melt orange wafers in a tall glass. Dip the pretzel rod and remove excess. Layer candy corn on the front of the pretzel, then add candy corn sprinkles.
Green Witch Finger Pretzel Rods
Dip the pretzel in green candy melts. Place a slivered almond on the top end of the pretzel. Optional: paint the almond with red or black icing to make it look like nail polish.
Halloween sprinkles pretzels rods
Coat the pretzel rods in chocolate and festive Halloween sprinkles. A few color combinations ideas:
- Orange & black
- Purple, green, and black
- Silver and black
- Candy corn orange, yellow, and white
- Black, white, and red
More Halloween Recipes
- 1 cup chocolate wafers
- 8-10 pretzel rods
- sprinkles, candy corn, candy eyes
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Tip: melt in a tall glass for easy dipping.
- Dip the pretzel rod in the melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Decorate with Halloween sprinkles, candy eyes, or candy corn.