DIY Halloween Twinkle Light Canvas – how to make a Halloween twinkle light canvas using glitter heat transfer vinyl and fairy lights.
DIY Halloween Canvas
Hi friends! Are you excited about Halloween approaching? This is my favorite time of year! It’s when I have the most motivation and inspiration to create. I have a lot of fun things to share with you this Halloween and holiday season. Today I’m partnering with my friends over at Expressions Vinyl to share this DIY Halloween Twinkle Light Canvas. I’ve always liked the quote “Something Wicked This Way Comes” and this canvas is the perfect addition to our traditional black and white Halloween décor.
This post contains affiliate links
How to make a lighted canvas
Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl (regular vinyl works, too!)
Fairy lights – this is a GREAt deal!
Mini craft iron (this thing is pretty amazing)
Silhouette cutting machine (design #217569)
I’m working on adding a video tutorial to this post. If you need a better understanding of the steps you can watch the short fast-paced video on my Facebook page or reference my Christmas Twinkle Light Canvas.
- Paint canvas with 2 coats of paint; let it dry overnight.
- I found this design quote in the Silhouette software and sized it to fit my canvas. I then placed glitter heat transfer vinyl upside down on my cutting mat. It’s important to put the glitter side facing down and you have to mirror your image in the silhouette studio before cutting. Weed out the excess vinyl and place it on top of your canvas.
- The heat transfer vinyl was a bit of an experiment for me. I wasn’t sure if it was going to work but I’m so happy with the way it turned out! You can also use regular sticky vinyl like I did with my Christmas Twinkle Light Canvas.
- Iron the heat transfer vinyl on. I tried this neat little craft iron and was pleasantly surprised with how well it works. A regular iron works, too.
- Cut tiny holes to fit your fairy lights. I like to use a long string of lights so that I have plenty of lights to work with. In the end I tend to have extra lights in the back and I’m totally ok with that. You can add as many lights as you prefer.
I’m so happy with how it turned out! I almost want to make a twinkle light canvas for every holiday. I find them really easy to make and my kids love seeing them lit up on our mantle!
Halloween Twinkle Light Canvas
More Halloween Ideas: