Looking for a cute, non-candy Valentine’s Day idea for kids? Then look no further because these Koala pencil valentines are sure to be a hit! Perfect for boys and girls, especially tweens who enjoy accessorizing their school supplies. Simply clip on the koala pencil huggers to a pencil and add the printable tag for an easy handmade Valentine’s Day idea.
My little girl is starting to enter the tween stage where toys are no longer their main focus, but small knickknacks and accessories are fun to play with. I’m discovering that girls at this age really enjoy backpack accessories, pens, and small toy squishies to share with their friends.
When we stumbled upon these koala pencil toppers, my daughter immediately knew they were the perfect Valentine gift. The koalas are soft and easy to clip on to pencils or other small objects. We were able to find them in grey and soft beige color, both adorably cute. My daughter is really excited to hand out these adorable koala pencil huggers to her friends at school.
The best part is these make a great non-candy option for classrooms that have food allergy restrictions.
(affiliate links included)
What you need to make Koala pencil hugger valentines
- Koala pencil huggers (another option is this set of Koala toppers)
- Hole punch
- Printable Valentine’s Day Tags
- Attach the koala toppers to a Valentine’s Day pencil by clipping it on.
- Download and print the koala Valentine’s Day cards.
- Trim with scissors and use a small hole punch in the top left corner.
- Add the tag by wrapping twine around the pencil and through the small hole. Finish with a bow and you’re ready to hand out the most adorable handmade valentine around!