How to make Rolo pretzels in under 10 minutes. This easy treat is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy all in one bite. Rolo candy is melted on top of pretzel twists, then decorated with colorful M&M’s candy, and festive holiday sprinkles.
The holiday season is a great time to get creative with the kids and make memories in the kitchen. One of the holiday treats we make every year are these easy Rolo pretzels made with only 3 ingredients. If you want to be extra fancy, add a dash of holiday sprinkles to really make this festive treat pop in color.
Rolo Pretzel Bites
The chocolate caramel Rolo candy melts onto a mini pretzel, making it the perfect combination of sweet and salty in one bite. To decorate the treats, add an M&M candy after removing them from the oven and finish with a dash of nonpareil’s sprinkles. Technically 4 ingredients, but when it’s not the holiday season we make the classic 3 ingredient recipe with colorful M&M’s.
We like to make a few batches of this tasty snack to give as holiday gifts. They are also the perfect sweet and salty snack to bring to a holiday party. The best part is this recipe is kid-friendly, especially for older kids, and they will enjoy making these for family and friends.
Easy Rolo Pretzel Ingredients
- Pretzels – regular or gluten-free pretzel twists (or square pretzels) to use as a base for the chocolate to melt on top.
- Rolo candy– unwrapped chocolate caramel candy is melted on top of the pretzel to give this treat a chewy texture.
- M&M’s candy – red and green M&M’s candy is pressed into the Rolo right out of the oven while the chocolate is still melted.
- Nonpareils – optional: add a pop of color and extra texture to your pretzel treats with holiday-themed sprinkles.
How to make Rolo pretzel bites with M&M’s
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet.
- Add an unwrapped chocolate caramel Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Press an M&M on top of the melted chocolate; add sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Unwrap the foil from the Rolo candy.
- Place the pretzels on a large parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure they’re spaced out.
- Add a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Carefully place the baking sheet in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the chocolate begins to slightly melt.
- Remove from oven and immediately add an M&M candy on top of the warm Rolo candy. Optional: add nonpareil sprinkles while the chocolate is warm.
- Cool completely before transferring into an airtight container.