DIY The Nightmare Before Christmas Mason Jars. Create your own Jack Skellington Halloween mason jar luminaries with glitter, vinyl and flameless tea lights. These glitter mason jars will look great on a front porch, Halloween tablescape and mantel.
The Nightmare Before Christmas Mason Jars
Halloween is approaching and I’m so excited to share more The Nightmare Before Christmas crafts with you. We love Jack Skellington and have shared several craft ideas inspired by the pumpkin king over the years. Including our Jack Skellington glow in the dark pumpkin, Jack Skellington Bath Bomb and Halloween tote bag. Today I’m sharing these glitter mason jar luminaries as part of a Disney blog hop. The best part is we’re giving away a trip to Disneyland! More details below, but first let’s get to the mason jar tutorial.
This post contains affiliate links
- Mason jar
- Glitter glue<- my favorite glitter glue!
- Permanent vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Silhouette machine
- Jack Skellington designs from Etsy
How to make glitter Halloween mason jar luminaries
- Pour glitter glue inside the mason jar. Close the mason jar lid and swirl the glue around. You will want to make sure the inside is completely covered but be careful not to shake the glue around as this can cause air bubbles to form.
- Pour excess glue in a cup to go back into the glue bottle.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon or two of glitter into the jar. Place the lid back on and roll the glitter around, making sure the entire jar is covered. Remove lid and begin decorating.
- Cut designs using svg files and a cutting machine. I searched Etsy for The Nightmare Before Christmas svg designs and imported them into Silhouette Studio.
- In the software you will want to adjust the designs to the size of your mason jar then cut using the vinyl setting.
- Remove excess vinyl and use transfer tape to apply the design to the mason jar.
- Add black and white striped ribbon around the mouth of the jar and a flameless tea light inside.
More Halloween Ideas:
Now for the fun part! We partnered with our friends at Get Away Today to give away a Southern California vacation package! This includes Disneyland and other major attractions in Southern California. BONUS: Get Away Today is currently having a sale on Disneyland tickets. Right now you can buy Adults tickets at kids prices! This can be combined with their EXTRA NIGHT FREE HOTEL SPECIAL and LAYAWAY PLAN. To save on your next Disneyland vacation GO HERE.
Check out these amazing Disney inspired crafts shared by my friends!
Disney Dollars Savings Jar from Liz on Call
Disney Park Maps Bookmarks from All for the Boys
Days Til Disney Printable from I Love My Disorganized Life
Disney Quote Printable from Mom Endeavors
DIY Minnie Mouse Soap Dispenser from Pink Cake Plate
Nightmare Before Christmas Mason Jar from A Pumpkin and A Princess
Disney Castle Art from Laura’s Crafty Life
Printable Autograph Book from Make Life Lovely
Disney UP Printable from See Vanessa Craft
We decided we’d love to offer you all a chance to win a super fun Southern California Vacation Giveaway. This giveaway is for a 3 Night Hotel Stay, 2 adult and 2 child tickets to 2 Southern California Attractions.
Use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter to win. Giveaway ends on Midnight, September 16th EST. Winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to claim prize or a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck!