Marshmallow web Oreo ball truffles are fun, festive, and perfect for a spooktacular Halloween party theme or spiderman party. This easy no-bake Oreo truffle recipe is covered in chocolate and decorated with marshmallow spiderwebs.
Pair this tasty recipe with our favorite Halloween Oreo balls: Hocus Pocus Oreo Balls, Pumpkin Oreo Balls, Cauldron Oreo Balls, Ghost Oreo Balls, Eyeball Oreo Balls.
Halloween Oreo balls are so fun to make. We tried the marshmallow spider web method for this recipe to cover a classic chocolate-dipped Oreo ball truffle. The result is a creepy spiderweb look that’s spooky and edible. Spider sprinkles decorate the web to make a fantastic treat to enjoy during the Halloween season.
Marshmallow spiderweb oreo bites ingredients:
- Oreo cookies – classic or gluten-free cookies work best.
- Cream Cheese – the cream cheese binds the cookie crumbs together to easily shape them into 1-inch balls.
- Chocolate– melting chocolate is used to cover the truffle.
- Marshmallows – mini or regular marshmallows are melted and pulled apart to create a spiderweb look on the truffles.
- Spider sprinkles – find mini spider candies or sprinkles to decorate the webs.
How to make marshmallow spiderwebs Oreo balls [VIDEO TUTORIAL]
- The trick to perfecting the spiderweb look on treats is to melt marshmallows and pull the sticky marshmallows apart to create a stringy effect. The marshmallows need to be melted enough to pull but cooled down slightly, making them easier to work with. Melted marshmallows are hot! Test a small portion before handling.
- Work quickly when working with melted marshmallows. If the marshmallows begin to harden, pop them back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Tip: use food-safe gloves lightly greased with cookie spray to minimize the mess of the marshmallows sticking to your hands.
Tips & tricks
- Work quickly when using melted marshmallows. The marshmallow sticks to the truffles easier when warm but will begin to melt the chocolate if it’s being handled for too long. Work on a few at a time, and keep the rest refrigerated as you work through the batch.
- Add layers of marshmallow spiderwebs until the desired look is achieved. The marshmallow webs will stick together as long as the marshmallows are warm.
- If decorating with spider-shaped sprinkles, immediately add them to the marshmallows before they set.
- Keep the truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
More Halloween Recipes
Marshmallow spiderweb oreo balls
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups chocolate melting wafers
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Crush Oreo cookies in a plastic bag or food processor into fine crumbs.
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well combined. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Scoop Oreo mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip Oreo balls into melted chocolate and shake off excess. Place on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Melt 1 cup of marshmallows at a time for 30 seconds. Carefully pick up about a tablespoon of melted marshmallow after it's slightly cooled down and stretch it into strings around the Oreo balls. Use food-safe gloves lightly greased with cooking spray to make the marshmallows easier to work with. Melt more marshmallows as needed.
- Place spider sprinkles on the marshmallow webs while they're sticky.
- Refrigerate the truffles until ready to serve.