Spooky Halloween ghost Oreo balls made with only 4 ingredients. This festive treat is easy to make with kids and fun for a Halloween party menu.
Making Halloween treats is always fun to do with the kids. This recipe is the latest creation to pair with our Hocus Pocus Oreo balls, Pumpkin Oreo balls, Frankenstein Oreo balls, Cauldron Oreo balls, and Mummy Oreo balls.
Ghost-shaped treats and crafts are trendy this year. When I came across this ghost-shaped mold, I knew it could be an excellent tool for making Oreo truffles.
These little ghost-shaped treats are made with an Oreo cookie crumb and cream cheese mixture. The mix is pressed into the ghost mold and then chilled until firm. Then the ghosts are covered in white chocolate and decorated with black icing or melting wafers. Super simple and a fun weekend activity to make this fall.
- Oreo cookies – regular or gluten-free Oreos, not double stuffed. Golden and seasonal flavored Oreo cookies will also work.
- Cream cheese – is the magic ingredient to making this recipe no-bake. The cream cheese helps bind the cookie crumbs together to create a truffle-like mixture.
- White chocolate or almond bark – melting wafers are easy to work with and give the treats their ghostly cover.
- Black icing or melting wafers – add eyes and a mouth by piping melting black wafers onto the treats or use a store-bought icing tube.
How to make ghost Oreo ball treats [VIDEO TUTORIAL]
- Crush Oreo cookies in a plastic bag using a rolling pin or pulse in a food processor. Combine cookie crumbs with cream cheese.
- Press mixture into mold cavity, then refrigerate.
- Gently remove the ghosts from the mold and dip them in melted white chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has set, decorate with black icing.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have a ghost mold, you can scoop the mixture and shape it with your hands using food-safe gloves. Press onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to create a flat bottom to make the ghosts stand.
- Keep the Oreo balls refrigerated until ready to serve. The texture begins to soften at room temperature. The recipe is best when cold and firm.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 2 months.
More Halloween recipes:
Ghost OREO Ball Truffles
- 36 Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup black melting wafers or icing
- Crush oreo cookies in a food processor or plastic bag into fine crumbs.
- Combine cream cheese and cookie crumbs together until the mixture is a dark truffle-like texture.
- Firmly press 1-2tbsp of the mixture into the ghost mold cavity. Refrigerate until firm or freeze for 20 minutes to speed up the process.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions. Gently remove the ghosts from the mold and dip them into melted chocolate. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Use black icing or melted black wafers in a piping bag to add the ghost eyes and mouth.
- Keep the truffles refrigerated until ready to serve.