Halloween Jello is made in silicone cauldron cups decorated with gummy worms, gummy eyeballs, and sprinkles. This easy recipe is great for a spooky movie night or Halloween party for kids.
Inspired by Hocus Pocus, this cauldron jello recipe is perfect for a Hocus Pocus movie night. The green jello is poured into silicone cauldron cups found at Michaels. The sizes are a little bigger, but they’re the same as the cups used in the cauldron cupcakes recipe.
Gummy worm jello cups are simple to make, and kids love them! There is also something nostalgic about making holiday-themed jello that reminds me of my 80s and 90s childhood.
- Green lime jello
- Gummy worms
- Gummy eyeballs
- Candy bones & bats sprinkles.
Decorating the jello is the fun part! Kids will love adding their favorite Halloween candy and creepy crawlers like gummy worms and gummy spiders. Halloween sprinkles, candy eyes, and candy corn can be added on top after the jello is firm.
How to make Halloween jello [VIDEO TUTORIAL]
- Prepare jello according to package directions. Pour the jello into the cauldron cups, then refrigerate.
- Add gummy worms around the cauldrons before the jello sets.
- Decorate with festive Halloween candy. Enjoy!
Now you have a Spooktacular dessert to enjoy as you watch hocus pocus.
Tips and tricks for making gummy worm jello cups
- The recipe makes eight ½ cup servings or about 3-4 big silicone cauldron cups. If you can find the smaller silicone cauldrons, you should be able to get around 6-8, depending on how full the cups are filled.
- Important note: allow the jello to cool slightly in the refrigerator before adding the gummy worms. The warm jello may melt the gummy worm portion inside the cauldron before cooling down.
- This recipe is made with green lime-flavored jello, but purple grape-flavored jello would also be fun for Halloween.
More Spooktacular Halloween Recipes
Halloween Jello Cups
- 3-6 silicone cauldron cups
- 6 oz lime jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- gummy worms
- Halloween candy
- Add gelatin powder into a medium bowl. Pour boiling water into the bowl; stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cold water.
- Place silicone cups on a baking sheet or cake pan. Carefully pour gelatin into cauldron cups. Decorate the rim with gummy worms bent in half. If the liquid is too hot, cool for 10 minutes in the refrigerator before adding gummy worms. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Decorate jello cups with Halloween sprinkles and candy.