Easy oreo ball recipes and ideas to make for a Halloween party. Celebrate the spooky season with fun and festive Halloween OREO Balls, most made with under five ingredients.
Create an epic Halloween dessert table with Oreo Balls, a Graveyard Cake, Witch Hat Ice Cream Cones, Halloween Pretzels, and Cauldron Jello.
We love making holiday oreo ball truffles, especially at Halloween time. This simple, no-bake treat is a family and party favorite. They are the perfect bite-sized dessert for every occasion.
Oreo balls are best made with classic oreo cookies or gluten-free cookies. The double-stuffed cookies don’t work well in this recipe. However, seasonal flavors are also a great choice as long as the filling is equivalent to the classic cookies.
How to make Halloween OREO Balls
The basic oreo ball recipe combines oreo cookies and cream cheese. The truffle-like mix can be molded into holiday shapes and decorated with sprinkles. Find the full printable recipe below.
- Crush oreo cookies into fine crumbs.
- Combine cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese together.
- Shape in Halloween molds or scoop into 1-inch balls.
- Dip in melted chocolate
- Decorate with Halloween sprinkles.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The decorating possibilities are endless, making them a fun treat to make with kids. Over the years, we have tried a variety of shapes for our annual Halloween dinner. In this post, you can find easy Halloween Oreo balls to make with kids of all ages for a Halloween party or movie night.
Halloween OREO Cookie Truffles
Chocolate-covered oreo cookie truffles shaped into spellbooks. The books are decorated with black icing or dark chocolate and candy eyes for the infamous eye on the right side of the book. This easy treat is perfect for a Hocus Pocus movie night or Halloween party.
Classic chocolate Oreo balls are covered in marshmallow spiderwebs and decorated with spider sprinkles.
Shape cookie balls into pumpkins with a toothpick, then dip in orange chocolate and decorate with a pretzel stick and leaf sprinkle. Great for a Charlie Brown pumpkin themed party!
Use a Halloween mold to shape truffles into ghosts covered in white chocolate. Add eyes and a mouth with black icing or melted chocolate.
Add this creepy eyeball truffle to your Halloween party for guests to enjoy! White chocolate-covered truffles are decorated with green eyes, M&M’s candy, and red veins.
Shape truffles into mini cauldrons with green chocolate oozing over for a spooktacular witch-themed treat. Decorate with sprinkles, candy bones, and a pretzel stick stirring the witches brew.
Classic Frankenstein treats are always fun to bring to a Halloween potluck or party. Shape the truffles into squares, dip in melted green chocolate, then decorate with candy eyes, icing, and black sprinkles.
White chocolate mummy Oreo balls decorated with candy eyes are simple to make. This recipe is made with only 4 ingredients!
Double, double, toil, and trouble! Whip up a green witch oreo ball treat topped with a Hershey’s kisses hat.
Keep things simple with a pumpkin spice Oreo ball to match the fall theme of your next Halloween gathering.
Halloween OREO Balls
- 36 OREO cookies regular or gluten-free
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups chocolate wafers
- Halloween sprinkles
- Place cookies in a food processor; pulse into fine crumbs.
- Mix cookie crumbs and cream cheese together.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes or until they hold their shape. If using a Halloween mold, press mixture into mold and freeze for 30 minutes or until the truffle can be removed without losing its shape.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Dip cold cookie balls into melted chocolate and shake off excess.
- Decorate with Halloween sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze in an airtight container for 2 months.